Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hole in my Heart

Hey guys,
heres my updated FanFic!



Bella’s POV

I never imagined it would end like this.

Never thought Edward would leave me, but he did.

My world had suddenly turned around. Without him there didn't seem to be a reason for anything, how pathetic is that? Since when did I let a boy, well in this case a vampire rule my life.

Everywhere I went reminded me of him, the table in the back of the lunch room, my truck where there now was a giant hole where my stereo used to be, stupid shiny Volvos that drove past, the old chair in my lounge where he had spent most of his time on when Charlie was at home, it even still smelled of him.

I remembered back to night he told me he was leaving, I was sitting in my room waiting for him like any other night when he climbed through my window like always, never making a sound, he carefully sat beside me bringing my face up to look him, his cold hands touching my face so lightly it didn’t feel real, I would never get used to this.

He looked deep in my eyes, steering back at him I noticed something different, something hidden in his eyes, they were soft... sad, something I had never seen before.

My heart pounded something he could definitely hear, he smiled, a sad smile before carefully whispering in his soft velvet voice, a sound I would forever remember

“I have to leave Bella” I stared at him, stunned, he was leaving me?

“Why Edward?” I stammered trying to keep my tears from escaping.

“I have to Bella, I’m no good for you, I keep putting you in danger, I’m going to leave and you will forget all about me” he eyes were telling a different story, his topaz eyes melted into mine as I looked up at him.

“I will never forget you Edward, don’t go I love you” I let the tears fall freely as I watched him gracefully stand and head towards my window.

“I have to” he whispered before jumping out so fast I couldn’t reach him as I ran towards him, feeling his shirt slide between my fingers, he was gone.

That first night without him was unimaginable I sat looking at my window hoping, praying he would come back, realise he did still love me and couldn’t leave me just like he had promised when we were in phoenix, I managed to finally fall asleep that night, my pillow soaked in the tears that now dried my face.

I woke to a scream, a scream that was escaping my mouth. I sometimes still wake to that same scream, it is something that haunts me each time I shut my eyes.

As I snapped back into reality I realised I was clutching my stomach and gasping for air, it was like there was a hole in my chest that only Edward could fill.
It has been 2 months and not a day goes by that I don’t think about him, where he is and if he is thinking about me too.



Edwards POV

I didn't want to leave her, couldn't, but I had too.

I had already put her in enough danger.

She would forget me, I know she will. It hurt though, knowing that soon I would become a distinct memory to her when all my thoughts were about her, wondering what she was doing, if she was safe.

I didn’t know where I was going.

After the night I had jumped out her window, I kept running, not paying any attention to where I was going.

I ended up in a forest, a dark deserted forest.

There where trees everywhere but no animals which meant nothing for me to hunt on, so I kept running, running through the night, Passing different animals which I fed on.

Bella never escaped my thoughts as I looked up at the dark night sky, with the stars shinning above.

The forest was lonely, the trees where black and the ground was hard and bumpy, nothing like the soft and comfy bed where I usually sat, just watching Bella sleep.

She was always so content, so peaceful.

There I sat alone thinking of her beautiful soft face, my body began to tremble, if I could actually sob the tears would be flowing.

My Bella. I needed her, maybe even more than she needed me.

My heart hasn’t beat in almost 90 years and yet not being with Bella it felt like there was some how a hole in my chest, like I had left it with Bella.

I had to go back.

11 comments:

  1. WOW! this is really good fan fiction! I dont know alot about twilight but your fan fic gave me a understanding of what bella and Edward would be like. The wording you used was amazing like for example "my pillow soaked in the tears that now dried my face" thats amazing! I really enjoyed reading it and i think you should do another chapter on it to c0ntinue it!
    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I have read your fiction, from my point of view, your story is very interesting, the first part of Bella's POV, it brings me sad feeling, because the story is like a real one happened between my old friends in the past. I can not help thinking of my old friends, they have the same story. You really did well, especially for the discription of someone's thinking, from the story, I can feel, can imagin the whole plot although I have never read this before. It is very vivid, I can feel the true love between Edward and Ella. the second part of description of Edward, I am not very satisfied with this part, coz I think this part is a little bit reluctant, obviously Edward's love is far less than Ella's. From the lines, I don't deny his love to Ella, but since they love each other, why Edward decides to leave, the most important is, since he made the decision of doing this, why he changed his mind again at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats a fair comment.... But I think what hayley was trying to portray was he is vampire and he has to be careful with her so i think he leaves for her safety and move on with her life? thats what i personally got out of the story. Is this kind of what you were getting at hayley?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. i get where you are coming from. When writing this i found it easier doing bella's POV than Edwards. i didnt want to go into to much deatial as to why he left so i just added in things like i've already put you in enough danger. He is a vampire after all and i tried to emphaisis this but the way he was so carful with her and how he had to hunt for food. Thanks again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your explaination, I am not familiar with this vampire thing, maybe due to 2 different cultures. But your story is really interesting, you present 2 vivid characters here. I must say that you are a very good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Been a quiet observer thus far as I don’t know Twilight that well. Thanks for the explanation Hayz.
    To do POVs is a BRILLIANT idea!!
    Really *HEART FELT* writing. I can feel Bella’s broken heart!!!
    just a tiny, small thing – how about breaking the text into a few more paragraphs? This might help deliver even more of an emotional punch.
    Gosh! The tears are welling – this is worse than Romeo and Juliet.
    Great how both POVs end with both having a hole only the other can fill. Their love is echoing.
    INCREDIBLE writing – real pathos here.
    Yes, PLEASE, do write another chapter!!! We wanna read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with everyone else.
    the POVs thing is a brilliant angle.
    in the real story we are always left to guess what edward must be thinking and feeling so i love how you have included his POV in your story. it makes it a lot easier. a lot less tiring lol
    being an avid twilight reader myself, i fully get edwards POV, as you know that he is so selfless that is what he would do. that doesn't mean that he loves bella less than she loves him. in fact it can be argued that it is the other way around because he will leave if it means bella will be safe.
    anyway, that was a bit intense haha just thought i should get that off my chest...
    you have written this really well. Your writing really shows how strong their love is.
    i agree about needing some paragraphs though. It would just make it a bit easier to read.
    love the descriptiveness like "...his cold hands touching my face so lightly it didnt seem real..." and the pillow thing that was already mentioned =P
    another chapter is highly anticipated =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just re read your fiction, just imagin that if you could change a part of plot, for example, if Edward could change himself from a vimpire to a normal person, then he can stay with Ella forever and never get apart. Or if Ella can be changed to the same as Edward, they would no difficulty to be together anymore. How about changing to that? This is just my imagination, because I really want to see them together.

    Today's medical technique is very advanced, maybe someday in the future, people will invent a new operation which will transplant a new heart from a dead person. If that happened, Edward will get a new heart and will live with Ella forever.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hayley this is a really well wrote piece of fanfic! i love how you've given the point of view of Edward because when you read twiglight or New Moon you don't get that chance to read what hes thinking! it even gave me chills :D

    The language you used really suits the characters and the way it's used helps us distingish between Bella and Edward!

    ReplyDelete