Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Suprise For The Proper Libby - Updated!



Shortland Street Fanfic
Chris gets Libby pregnant after their fling.
Set after episode when Chris takes Libby out for dinner and they end up back at his place. They end up having sex. She goes on holiday and finds out she is pregnant. How is she supposed to tell Chris?

Set story – Libby POV
How could this happen to me? Me, Libby Jeffrey’s the most organised and prepared woman you will ever meet. Now what am I supposed to do. I can’t tell Chris, he already has enough to worry about; this vacation didn’t work out they way I planned it was suppose to be endless cocktails and relaxing by the beach.

I remembered back to that night Chris had just brought me back to his house for a drink after getting the most gorgeous shoes in the world!, I was so nervous I could feel the butterflies flying around my stomach, I didn’t expect anything to happen but that doesn’t mean I didn’t want it to, The feel of his lips on mine was something I difintely wasn’t expecting; my heart quickened as our kiss deepened and we somehow ended up stairs for something out of this world!. The rest of the night is a blur it could be the alcohol talking or maybe I’ve just blocked it from my memory.

What am I meant to do now?

(Libby paces back and forward across her Hotel living room)

do I end this vacation and go home and tell Tania, Mia and Mum.... oh god that a silly idea I can’t go home and tell mum she’s been through a lot as it is and hearing that I’m pregnant to Chris Warner from a one night stand she would be so disappointed in me or do I stay here and try to enjoy myself and return home acting like nothing is happening. No I couldn’t do that, they would soon notice my expanding stomach, wait what am I thinking? Am I even going to keep the baby?

So many thoughts swam around my head as I tried to focuses on them all. I had to keep it, I could never kill a baby, especially not my own, mine and Chris’s oh god I had to tell him, he has a right to know, it is his baby too after all.
The flight home was a bumpy one and I was glad to be walking through the airport gates. I’ve got to go to my doctor to double check that I am actually pregnant because how embarrassing would it be going through all the trouble in telling Chris that I was but then finding out I wasn’t he would think I lied and I don’t lie so so so oh get a hold of yourself Libby

(Libby slaps herself)

I carefully look around and make sure know one witnessed my semi breakdown. I grab my extremely heavy bags; I always seem to pack way more than I need. The taxi arrives and I can’t wait to get home.
My house is just as I left it, yet it seems empty somehow, maybe a baby is just what I need, no Libby you’re being stupid now I sigh to myself. The beeping of my answering machine catches my attention;
5 messages, wow I’ve been away for 2 weeks and only have 5 messages.

call one: “Hey Libby, it mum give me a call when you get in, would love to hear about your holiday”

call two: “Libby its Chris, Callum just told me you are on leave, hope you haven’t left yet, give me a call when you get in.”

call three: “I guess you have left then, please call me when u get in”

call four “I hope you’re not avoiding me, please call”

call Five “Libby I’m getting worried, please let me know when your back”

I press delete, I’m not ready to face him yet, as soon as he looked at me I’d blurt everything out, not how you’re supposed to tell the guy who you had a one night stand with that your having his baby. A bath, I need a bubble bath, it will help calm down the thoughts in my head. The soft bubbles float around me as i sink further and further into the bath. The water eventually gets to hot and I decide a good night sleep is just what I need.

I couldn’t sleep, I kept thinking about how I was supposed to face Chris at work tomorrow, I hope he doesn’t notice I’m pregnant; he is a doctor after all. Ah the thought of it gave me a headache. I eventually fell asleep but the sound of the ticking clock next to me woke me up from my deep but brief sleep.

I was full of nerves walking through the hospital doors, I was sure everyone was staring at me. Waiting at the lift, strangers kept coming up to me saying I was completely glowing and must of had a good holiday. My breath quickened, if complete strangers could tell something was different then Chris defiantly would. The doors swung open and Chris was standing there starring down at me, I was trapped. My heart pounded as I felt the sudden urge to vomit, oh no not morning sickness already I was thinking to myself.

“Libby! Your back, why didn’t you phone me?” I pushed my fist against the wall and held my stomach tight as I threw up into the corner. Chris looked at me, shocked, are you alright Libby?” “Yes, I’m fine I breathed softly, I think I must have caught something on holiday.” I wiped my mouth with a tissue he offered me and had a drink of my bottled water I always kept with me. “oh well if you need me to check you out, just come to my exam room.” He smiled my heart quickened. “oh no I will be fine I should really go get someone to clean that up” as soon as the elevator doors opened I ran as fast as I could.

By the afternoon I had gained enough courage to go talk to Chris. I had to get it over with. My breath quickened as I reached the doors of his exam room. I peered in; there he was sitting at his computer screen. I took a deep breath and walked him. “Chris I’m pregnant I blurted out” he stared at me, stunned. His mouth opening and closing like a fish. I looked around nervously. I shouldn’t have done this I thought to myself when suddenly I felt his hand on my shoulder. are you sure?” he asked me softly. “Yes, I whispered” “ok then, I’m here, I’ll help you in any way I can” he smiled up at me.
Tears escaped as I looked at him. “Thank you” I whispered before he wrapped his arms around me. Everything is going to be ok I smiled to myself.

So what happens to Chris and Libby??? well...

2 Years Pass On......

They have a baby girl, and Harry absolutly loves his little sister called Lily. Libby and Chris are now married and have brought a new and bigger place for the 4 of them. Mia, Tania and Yvonne are loving Lily and Harry. Jay Jay is always there to have play dates with Harry Lily. Chris still works at Shortland Street but Libby is a stay at home mum at the moment by choice.

Libby is the best mum that a mum could be.....

THE END! :)

13 comments:

  1. Hey!
    im a major fan of shortland street! i love this!
    love how you completly changed the storyline for this episode!
    I love Chris and Libby together!
    Well done!
    Hayley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hayley yeah thought it wouild be cool to write about!!!! Kels

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey i just read your story again and notcied a few mistakes "you’re be stupid now I sigh to myself" "howIi was supposed to face Chris " other than that it seems to be allgood!!! i really love this part; "He smiled my heart quickened." This is a real great fanfic kelsey. you should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey... thanks for that..... didn't pick it up! wrote it late last night took me forver! but thanks for picking up on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i just fixed the errors thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol What angst!!! What drama!!!
    Don’t watch this one frequently, but it’s *MUCH* BETTER than what I’ve seen on the goggle box!!!
    Love the TENSION throughout. What mental confusion!!! What stress!!! The reader lives Libby’s troubles.
    how about putting speech on new lines where relevant?? text would be less solid and make for easier reading??? But don’t want to upset your style, here.
    The meeting between Craig and Libby was EXCELLENT – vomit and all! Great continual tumbling of Libby’s thoughts sets a fast pace.
    Genre’s captured really well at the end, `cause knowing soaps, it won’t be okay, just leaves us wondering what the next predicament will be. WELL DONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for that! Yeah i could have published the style better for easy reading you are totally rigth there! Thanks again for good feed back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I just finish reading your fiction, although I never heard this story before, but I know the basic plot and main characters from your writing. The part of meeting between Craig and Libby is good, it is very vivid description. As the author of this fiction, you leave audience a good appetite to know what will happen later.

    The monologue part is also very good, and I also learned some typical ways in writing.

    It is a long story, I spend minutes to read it, but I like it. Keep doing this, and thank you for bring us a good fiction.:-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone reading it has Craig its Chris!!!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i dont really watch shortland street very much, but it was written in such a way that people like me can easliy understand =]
    i like how you have put some actions in brackets like (libby slaps herself) and (libby paces back and forward across her hotel living room). i found it really helped give me a clearer picture of what was happening.
    i like how everyone says that she looks 'glowing' hahahaha classic!
    and LOOOOOVE the elevator bit!!
    soooo akward!!
    the stress and panic she is feeling (as i assume anyone in her situation would be feeling) is really well portrayed through your writing style.
    i feel like i can relate to her.
    all-in-all, good story, well written, waiting for the second installment to find out how it REALLY ends =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. this was soo good Kelsey !
    i actually kind of wished this would happen, it may be a bit more interesting than the plots going on at the moment :D!
    I also love the description of them together in his exam room its vivd and makes it a lot easier to understand !

    I think the langauge you have used is also totally correct, it is exactly how Libby would talk and think!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HEY GUYS UPDATED THE FANFIC!! TRY TO MAKE IT EASIER TO READ AND ADDED ON THE LITTLE BIT AT END! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete